Skip to main content

Featured

Anomy

What is Anomy? The state of anomy is much the same as smelling some smoke and after which makes you confused and lost. The real definition of it is: "A state or condition of individuals or society characterized by a breakdown or absence of social norms and values." This concept has emerged in 1893 with French sociologist Ă‰mile Durkheim. According to him, some people might experience Anomy, especially there's a sudden change in their circumstances. One good example will be the Japanese soldiers after world war 2 where their economy started to pick up after they went back to their homeland after the war. Besides this example, another example could be for the modern world people; as the digital economy started to pick up and transform thousands and millions of lives, those who are not technology savvy might choose to give up learning new things and shows an emotion of apathy. A minority of those might experienced anger and frustration too. Below is a video of

Free Software for Desktop Video Recording

A lot of time we want to share how to we do certain task step by step but can only be put in words. However today I managed to try out a few free software and finally decided to use ActivePresenter for my desktop action video recording. Most of the time, I need to write in words to show you guys how to perform certain tasks and now I can just record in video and show you the steps on the "how to". Wow! A great improvement! Well, I spent a lot of time and effort researching. So please take a look at the video below to see how I download the free software.


There is various reason why I choose this software among the others and I shall share the pros and cons as shown below:
Advantages:
  • there is no watermark (even for free users)
  • no limit in recording time (even for free users)
  • you can decorate the screencast with your own styles, color effects and shadows
  • provides post-recoding editing options like adding blur, video overlays, cutting and cropping videos, adjusting volume levels etc.
  • able to export recordings to different formats (MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, MKV and WebM)
  • offers adding transition effects such as annotations and photo slides to your videos
Disadvantages:
  • the free version lacks various types of features which might be useful to users of its premium versions
  • unable to upload what you have recorded directly online
Although there are a few disadvantages, however, I feel that the disadvantages are very negligible to me as I do not need those features in the premium versions and also even though I can't upload the video directly online, I can export my recordings into different formats and upload it after that.

Do comment below how you find the free software after you downloaded it. Alternatively, you can share with me what are the free software you are using for video recording your desktop action.

Comments

Popular Posts