Skip to main content

Featured

Anomy

What is Anomy? The state of anomy is much the same as smelling some smoke and after which makes you confused and lost. The real definition of it is: "A state or condition of individuals or society characterized by a breakdown or absence of social norms and values." This concept has emerged in 1893 with French sociologist Ă‰mile Durkheim. According to him, some people might experience Anomy, especially there's a sudden change in their circumstances. One good example will be the Japanese soldiers after world war 2 where their economy started to pick up after they went back to their homeland after the war. Besides this example, another example could be for the modern world people; as the digital economy started to pick up and transform thousands and millions of lives, those who are not technology savvy might choose to give up learning new things and shows an emotion of apathy. A minority of those might experienced anger and frustration too. Below is a video of

Beware of Hackers

what you need to know about hackers

Ever being attacked by hackers?


As you guys know, we can learn a lot of things online and most of the time while watching Youtube videos. Today, while I was trying to find ways to let google crawl to my website by adding my website's sitemap into Google's webmaster tool I spotted a youtube video which shows how to do that. However, I found it a bit fishy as the video tells you to give your credentials of your website login to another so-called free website which can help you to upload your sitemap file. In the end, I didn't follow through.

Lucky enough, I managed to get my own sitemap on my own website by going into my plugin which I show on my previous post (told you I have zero IT knowledge, but I'm not stupid) So after I got my own sitemap, I add it to my Google webmasters tools.

Basically, what you need to do is to get your website indexed so that the search engine is able to crawl to your website when people are searching for info. So the first step is to get a Google webmasters tools account and log into it then you click on Crawl --> Sitemaps -->ADD/TEST SITEMAP and just put the extension behind your domain name. That's it! as simple as that.

The conclusion here is that although there are tonnes and tonnes of information and videos out there which might seem very genuine, most are a fake hiding in disguise. So be careful what you learnt from the internet and please equipped yourself with the real knowledge so that you won't make so many mistakes.And by avoiding many mistakes in life, you will become successful in no time. Having said that most importantly is enjoy the journey you are on.


Please do comments if you ever got conned online or share what are some of the costly mistakes you ever made online. Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts